|Industry:||Marketing - PR/Publicity|
In Australia and New Zealand, Discovery operates a portfolio of premium brands across pay-tv, free-to-air and streaming platforms, including Discovery, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Three, Newshub and ThreeNow. They are a leading entertainment brand on Foxtel and Sky, and the largest free-to-air commercial broadcaster in New Zealand. They’re also home to a growing slate of globally renowned originals including Aussie Gold Hunters and Outback Opal Hunters, and successful local formats, including The Masked Singer NZ.
Discovery ANZ Brand Portfolio (as at April 2021)
Free-To-Air: Three New Zealand | ThreeNow | Choice TV | HGTV (Home & Garden TV) | Newshub | Bravo (NBCUniversal JV) | 9Rush (Nine JV)
STV: Discovery | Animal Planet | TLC | Food Network | HGTV (Home & Garden TV) | ID (Investigation Discovery) | Turbo | Living
Key Programs: The Masked Singer NZ | The Block NZ | Dancing with the Stars NZ | Aussie Gold Hunters | Outback Opal Hunters | Gold Rush | Crikey! It’s the Irwins | Dr Pimple Popper | and more
As a Senior Publicist you will lead the publicity and talent strategy for brands and content in Australia across the portfolio of brands - FTA, STV and DTC. You will deliver first class consumer publicity and build the profile of local and international talent.
As a global media business, this role will require regular communication with international colleagues in the US, UK, APAC and beyond.
Australia Publicity Strategy
- Develop entertainment publicity strategy across portfolio, prioritising brands and content across FTA, STV and DTC
- For STV brands, develop and manage effective affiliate publicity relationships with Foxtel, Fetch, etc
- Manage unit publicity requirements for local productions in Australia
- Support efforts to build the Discovery corporate identity across ANZ
- Establish clear metrics of success for each brand across each platform
- Manage talent relationships across the portfolio of brands, local and international, in partnership with global Publicity operations
- Develop talent promotional plans as required
- Manage execution of CSR-related publicity requirements
- At least 4 years’ experience within a publicity and talent role within the media entertainment industry
- Strong strategic thinker, able to identify opportunities and risks in publicity activities
- Independent thinker with a strategic mindset. Able to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Exceptional levels of commitment and passion.
- Analytical skills and fluency in the use of data to deliver insights and inform decision making
- Commercial nous and the ability to create significant ROI
- Facilitates and encourage innovation and improvement in the workplace
- A good regional network and an ability to build networks inside organisations; collaborative
- Influential approach to problem solving;
- Able to work readily and easily with many different personalities and nationalities in a highly
- matrixed and international structure
- Dynamic personality, adaptable, a high-degree of professionalism.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player able to work with colleagues across multiple locations & timezones
- Excellent people management skills; able to lead, coach and develop direct and indirect reports
- Tertiary qualifications