Research Projects Lead
|Industry:||Business - Data & Insights|
- Work with the Senior Manager, Strategic Policy and Industry Insights to set the research agenda and optimise the use of existing and new data sets to develop a deeper understanding of audiences and content.
- Project manage large-scale Screen Australia research projects; determine analytic approaches to be used, defining appropriate methodologies, analysing results and producing final reports.
- Work collaboratively with Analysts and Researchers to regularly extract and manipulate complex data from multiple sources to quickly derive data driven insights.
- Complete original research, data modelling, analysis and reporting relating to internal and external screen sector policies, programs and incentives.
- Collaborate with relevant internal stakeholders to identify and frame analytic projects which present as opportunities for the agency and industry.
- Work with the Data Analyst to review and maintain statistical pages on Screen Australia’s website including writing summaries of the trends.
- Collaborate with other members of the Strategic Policy and Industry Insights Unit to ensure accurate and relevant data sets are being collected.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Strategic Policy and Industry insights and the Manager Policy and Insights with the drafting of strategic documents including policy briefs, backgrounders and submissions.
- Stay abreast of television, OTT, feature film and research industry news, trends and best practices.
Selection Criteria - Qualifications and Experience
- A demonstrated passion for research with 4+ years’ experience as a senior researcher ideally within media or similar industry
- A demonstrated ability to project manage and deliver complex research projects.
- Demonstrated high level analytical and problem solving abilities with an ability to generate appropriate and imaginative solutions.
- Experience working with various internal databases, analysing raw data, creating reports in addition to presenting and sharing results to various stakeholders.
- Very strong PowerPoint and Excel skills and experience working with visualisation and dashboard tools such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to respond to changing priorities and manage competing deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholder expectations High attention to detail and commitment to accuracy is essential.
- Open communicator, shares thoughts and opinions with others
- Driven to achieve results
- Focused on the achievement of team goals
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers, and gains their trust and respect
- Creative approach to problems and can ‘think outside the square’
- Seeks feedback, takes it on board and modifies approach
- Continually seeks to improve self and Screen Australia
- Works collaboratively across the agency to achieve common goals
Applications in the form of CV and cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria.
Inquiries to EP Australia firstname.lastname@example.org or call + 61 2 9383 4520.