Project Finance Manager (Sydney / Dubai)
|Industry:||Chief Financial Officer|
Join our client, a well-respected global event company who bring great ideas to life, to any scale, anywhere in the world. As the Project Finance Manager, you will manage the budget for this “Special Project” and oversee the delivery of all financial and contractual requirements for the project or projects, to a first-class international standard.
You will be responsible for financial management of all project budgets, contract management, heads of divisions liaison, administration, procurement and purchasing, sponsorship/donorship and VIK, milestone programming, data management, office management.
This position is a 12 month contract with a view to renew and will initially be located in Sydney, then for a period in Dubai.
- Direct and be responsible for the setup of all projects financial reporting systems including but not limited to budget, P & L and cash flow for the production budget.
- Liaise with internal Accountant on accounting and reporting requirements of management expenditure
- Preparation of Finance Department’s scoping for the functionality of the Production Budget
- Draft, implement and manage project production budget ensuring input from the Executive Producer, Senior Producers, Producers and Division Heads.
- Monitor & report on the Production Budget at both Divisional and Executive level.
- Direct and be responsible for the timely integration of all necessary financial information from each department into the budget for accurate reporting of Production Expenditure.
- Forecast and manage cash flow on a weekly basis for the Production Budget.
- Liaise with Client to establish processes and procedures for the financial integration of the Production Budget.
- Direct and be responsible for the development and production of Financial Reports in formats agreed with each Client.
- Direct and be responsible for the production and assembly of all financial documentation for all Projects.
- Direct and be responsible for all internal audit control systems to meet with each countries Taxation Department requirements.
- Direct and be responsible for the creation of each Project Finance Team budget and to monitor, manage and report on the budget spend for the duration of the services.
- Direct and be responsible for the engagement of all Project Finance Team.
- Manage all Project Finance staff in the delivery of their duties, including but not limited to assigning work & monitoring performance
- Responsible for all Projects Finance Team structure and plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify and monitor all resource requirements for all Project Finance Team.
- To be knowledgeable about Client’s Divisional obligations and responsibilities for the provision of services to the Project.
- Establish and oversee all Project Finance Team communication channels including divisional meetings.
- Ensure all Project Finance Team integration with other divisions and Departments. Maintain regular communication with the Executive Producer and Senior Producer on the contractual and financial aspects of the production.
- Contribute to Special Projects management strategies and priorities through Heads of Department Meetings (HOD’s)
- Inform the Executive Producer, Senior Producer and Commercial Director on all and any problems relating to the Production budget and the delivery of services.
- Direct and be responsible for all Project Procurement process.
- Implement purchasing processes and control financial aspects of the same in conjunction with Procurement Section.
- Collaborate with all Divisions on the assembly of documentation, information and schedules for the creation of all contracts for the supply, installation and maintenance of all goods and services.
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts.
- Direct and be responsible for the delivery of all the contractual obligations in relation to all Project Finance Team contained within the company's Contract.
- Establish and manage all contractual reporting systems to the Client and other external entities as required.
- Liaise with Client’s as required for the successful delivery of all financial aspects of the projects.
- Supervise all administrative areas of the Project’s Finance as directed by the Executive Producer and Senior Producer.
- Manage insurance requirements for the company and the Projects via Accounts and Administrative Manager and independent brokers/agents as required.
- Implement and manage local banking arrangements for the company and it's employees.
- Comply and respond to all financial, procedural, administrative and operational guidelines and instructions.
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- Tertiary qualifications - Bachelor in Business Administration, accounting, or finance. / CPA
- Min of 10 years of related work experience required.
- Previous experience in large-scale event Finance management required.
- Extensive and current knowledge of accounting and financial practices.
- Extensive knowledge of Australian taxation requirements.
- Significant experience in developing, implementing and operating in/out house accounting/ finance software programs across various platforms such as SAGE and ACPAC.
- Excellent strategic financial planning and analysis skills.
- Skilled in all the office software programmes including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Publisher, etc. and have comprehensive understanding of the internet, email and electronic communication systems and electronic filing systems
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to deal with staff and clients at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Ability to anticipate and forecast.
- Understanding of the financial requirements for large-scale projects and/or events an asset.
This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time. The title may be adjusted from time to time to accurately reflect responsibilities. English language skills is a requirement as well as the ability to work evenings or weekends as required.
APPLY NOW for this exciting opportunity - enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org opr call EP Australia on +61 2 9383 4520