Production Assistant/Researcher- Sydney
|Industry:||Production - Coordination|
- Research the heart of tv show content including the people, the places, the facts, figures, stories; across books, articles, news, videos, social media, email, phone calls and interviews; and generate briefs that present the findings accurately and in a clear and concise manner.
- Work with the development and production teams to generate programme ideas for new shows and existing productions.
- Assist with the creation of presentations, reels and sizzles.
- Carry out administrative duties including maintaining and coordinating meetings, schedules, expenses, databases, spreadsheets, correspondence, travel and accommodation.
- Promote Discovery’s ‘Guiding Principles’: one team; creative dreamers; doers; consumer obsessed; global; quick & agile; purposeful; do the right thing.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Creativity and curiosity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- The ability to work to project deadlines
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Shows initiative and anticipates requirements.
- Independent problem solving ability.
- Co-ordination and booking skills.
- Skills in Excel and Word. PowerPoint and InDesign skills an advantage.
- Video editing and creative knowledge and skills an advantage.
- Have a passion for and interest in content and industry trends.
- A keen interest in and knowledge of current social media trends.
- Exceptional team player. Can-do attitude.
- Able to work in a high pressure environment. Calm and positive demeanour.