People and Culture Manager, Part Time
|Industry:||Business - HR/L&D|
Our client is a well-established creative business, working in entertainment, events, and sport. With a growing national presence of talented, resourceful, and innovative people this company has an exceptional reputation and is well positioned for further expansion.
In this newly created role, our client is looking for a part time People & Culture Manager (3 days per week) to manage the HR function for the group. The position can be Melbourne or Sydney based with a view to the role increasing to fulltime over the next 12-18 months.
Your role will be to champion the culture and values, using strategic and operational expertise to support the growth and well-being of their people. This will be a diverse and interesting role, well supported by the Executive team, who have created a harmonious existing culture.
You will be responsible for setting and executing the HR strategy, with support from the Executive and Senior Leadership teams. You will build programs, processes, and policies that will attract, engage, and develop employees and build on their high-performance and values-based culture. You will also improve business practices, lead complex projects, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and policies.
Our client believes how they do business is as important as the business they do, so their core values are to remain caring, genuine, and positive even in pressured situations. So it goes without saying you will be a natural people person, with an intense passion for supporting great teams and helping them thrive. You will go that extra mile to make sure that everyone on the team is happy and productive — the team’s success is your success.
- Identify, develop and implement key HR initiatives, in line with the business strategy to substantially enhance the success of our business
- Work with the Executive to create a People management strategy to ensure the company remains an employer of choice
- Recruiting and onboarding – manage full cycle recruitment, identifying and addressing talent requirements
- Design the Performance Management Program to grow the people and support management
- Work with management to identify Training and Development opportunities
- Provide proactive Employee Relations to support & maintain a high performing & engaged team
- Manage record keeping & admin and develop programs, policies and processes
- Establish and oversee an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to support the well-being of our people
- Executive & Board Reporting – monthly status & recommendation reporting to Executive team
- Tertiary Qualifications in a Human Resource related discipline
Min of 5 years’ experience in an autonomously role where you are comfortable in a solo People and Culture position
- Proactive nature to work well across the many facets of HR in a creative business
- Exceptional communication skills + strong stakeholder management skill
- Ability to influence and deliver
- Passion for excellence
- High level of flexibility and a positive approach to a creative business in growth mode