Operations Manager - Health, Safety and Environment
|Industry:||Business - Operations|
Reporting to the Director of People and Culture, the Operations Manager – Health, Safety and Environment will be responsible for leading all aspects of emergency response, including business continuity, and work health and safety.
- Providing overall strategic and technical leadership in emergency response, including business continuity, and work health and safety.
- Develop and maintain a business recovery plan and procedure.
- Conduct risk assessments for areas and functions, analyzing potential business interruptions such as pandemics and natural disasters.
- Develop and implement work, health and safety standards that align with best industry practices.
- Identify and implement recovery operations and methods to allow NIDA to function at limited or partial capacity in the event of an emergency disruption.
- Develop a Work Health and Safety strategy inclusive of driving systems and all relevant documentation including processes and procedures.
- Oversee the identification and mitigation of hazards and investigation of incidents, monitor the implementation of actions arising from investigations to ensure completion within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure workplace safety improvement initiatives are identified and delivered leading to improvements in work health and safety performance.
- Lead the Wellbeing function in support of injury prevention, management, and rehabilitation programs to promote employee health and wellbeing.
- Adhere to all WHS requirements of the organisation and relevant associated legislation.
- A tertiary qualification in fields related to work health and safety, emergency management or substantial experience in relevant areas.
- Demonstrated skills in policy and procedure development
- Demonstrated ability to develop productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to develop training and exercise programs, audit and readiness activities to support compliance in incident and emergency management framework.
- Safety and risk management and investigation experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to write safety investigation and audit reports.
- Excellent leadership and management experience.
- Ability to build rapport and strong relationships.
This is a full time 3 years Contract.
Apply now or enquiries to email@example.com