Manager, Digital Marketing
|Industry:||Marketing - Management|
Our client, Discovery ANZ is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans aroundthe world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Available in 220 countriesand territories and 50 languages, we are a platform innovator, reaching viewers on allscreens, and delivering more than 8,000 hours of original programming each year acrossdeeply loved content genres.
In Australia and New Zealand, Discovery operates a portfolio of premium brands across pay-TV, free-to-air and streaming platforms, including Discovery, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Three, Newshub and ThreeNow. We are a leading entertainment brand on Foxtel and Sky, and the largest free-to-air commercial broadcaster in New Zealand. We’re also home to a growing slate of globally renowned originals including Aussie Gold Hunters and Outback Opal Hunters, and successful local formats, including The Masked Singer NZ.
In this role you will lead the development and delivery of the strategy and roadmap to establish affinity and growth for our brands with key audiences; driving awareness, performance, engagement, registration, acquisition targets across SVOD, FTA and Pay TV in Australia and New Zealand.
As a global media business, this role will require regular communication with international colleagues in the US, UK, APAC and beyond, so flexible working hours are required.
You must be an experienced digital acquisition and retention marketer that knows the value of brand research, analytics and insights, audience segmentation, effective media planning, intelligent customer journeys and best-in-class campaign management.
You will know the importance of targeted and impactful acquisition, retention and brand creative across the customer journey and how to get the best results across a breadth of channels including performance marketing, digital, 1:1 comms, social and more.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global, passionate, and creative team across Australia and New Zealand, working with a fantastic variety of content.
In this role you will:
- Lead the digital strategy, championing an ambitious vision for the brands in-market to drive brand affinity and subscription revenue growth.
- Work within a global matrix
- Drive a Social Media strategy overseeing management of social platforms for Discovery assets building and overseeing performance,
- Apply audience segmentation and data smarts to develop a robust automated and tactical audience 1:1 strategy and customer journey for our new and fast-growing registered user base.
- Contribute new ideas and thinking to help drive innovation and support the growth of our brands including YouTube.
- Build strong and open relationships with key internal stakeholders, including Performance and Retention Marketing to drive through the line subscriber engagement and retention strategies.
- Connection with our media and agency relationships, ensuring these are strong and effective partnerships for the long term.
- Work closely with your colleagues in Brand, Content & Product to contribute to a shared vision for the brand across cross-functional teams.
- Inspire and support a team of highly skilled social and digital specialists to develop in their roles and extend their expertise and skills.
- Manage budgets effectively across the year, ensuring ROI efficiency.
- A confident senior marketer with experience in managing activity across the full customer funnel including offer led marketing, customer marketing, audience segmentation, digital, CRM and data-driven marketing.
- Naturally obsessed with our customer and data and can contribute analysis that leads to strategic and actionable insights.
- A confident communicator with the ability to influence all levels of stakeholders.
- Able to perform in a rapid, dynamic environment where critical thinking, agility, creativity and confidence are highly valued.
- Passionate about seeing those in your team succeed and supporting their growth within their roles.
- Preferably experienced in a digital subscriptions business.
- Able to work readily and easily with many different personalities and nationalities in a highly matrixed and international structure
- Dynamic personality, adaptable, a high degree of professionalism.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. A team player able to work with colleagues across multiple locations & time zones.
- Excellent people management skills; able to lead, coach and develop direct and indirect reports.