Manager, Digital Marketing
|Industry:||Marketing - Management|
In Australia and New Zealand, Discovery operates a portfolio of premium brands across pay-tv, free-to-air and streaming platforms, including Discovery, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Three, Newshub and ThreeNow. They are a leading entertainment brand on Foxtel and Sky, and the largest free-to-air commercial broadcaster in New Zealand. They’re also home to a growing slate of globally renowned originals including Aussie Gold Hunters and Outback Opal Hunters, and successful local formats, including The Masked Singer NZ.
Discovery ANZ Brand Portfolio (as at April 2021)
Free-To-Air: Three New Zealand | ThreeNow | Choice TV | HGTV (Home & Garden TV) | Newshub | Bravo (NBCUniversal JV) | 9Rush (Nine JV)
STV: Discovery | Animal Planet | TLC | Food Network | HGTV (Home & Garden TV) | ID (Investigation Discovery) | Turbo | Living
Key Programs: The Masked Singer NZ | The Block NZ | Dancing with the Stars NZ | Aussie Gold Hunters | Outback Opal Hunters | Gold Rush | Crikey! It’s the Irwins | Dr Pimple Popper | and more
As the Manager, Digital Marketing you will lead marketing for digital products and services across the ANZ portfolio of brands - FTA, STV & DTC.
Tasked with building Discovery ANZ's digital marketing capability, this role aims to deliver compelling and popular digital destinations for their brands in a fast-changing media landscape. This includes On Demand platforms, CRM, eDM strategy, YouTube, social, etc.
This role will also be responsible for identifying new digital branded revenue opportunities.
One of four leadership roles within the marketing team, this position will work closely with Brand Marketing, Publicity & Talent and Media Planning to deliver high-quality, high-ROI activity. Together, you will also implement marketing components of company CSR initiatives.
As a global media business, this role will require regular communication with international colleagues in the US, UK, APAC and beyond.
Digital Marketing Strategy & Capabilities
- Lead the ANZ digital marketing strategy and execution across portfolio of brands
- Identify and build digital marketing capabilities for Discovery ANZ
- Establish clear metrics of success for each brand/product/service
- Lead ANZ digital marketing strategy to increase key metrics for VOD platforms, including ThreeNow. Deliver consumer and trade marketing requirements of VOD platforms
- Support the News digital team to grow key metrics performance of digital platforms for Newshub, The AM Show & The Project
- Develop/manage CRM capability, including eDM strategy
- Develop/manage branded YouTube channels
- Manage social media activity across all brands
- Identify new digital branded-revenue opportunities
- Build business cases for new opportunities, working with research, legal and finance teams. Prepare strategic documents for internal stakeholders
- Establish clear metrics of success
- Support brand marketing team in development and execution of brand and content campaigns
- Manage digital marketing requirements for company-wide CSR activities
- Manage marketing budgets
- Partner effectively with content, creative, commercial, sales, digital, research, legal and finance teams as required
- At least 5 years’ experience within a digital marketing role, preferably within the media entertainment industry
- At least 2 years’ experience in leading people and stakeholders across digital marketing
- Independent thinker with a strategic mindset. Able to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Exceptional levels of commitment and passion.
- Analytical skills and fluency in the use of data to deliver insights and inform decision making
- Commercial nous and the ability to create significant ROI
- Facilitates and encourage innovation and improvement in the workplace
- A good regional network and an ability to build networks inside organisations; collaborative
- Influential approach to problem solving;
- Able to work readily and easily with many different personalities and nationalities in a highly
- matrixed and international structure
- Dynamic personality, adaptable, a high-degree of professionalism.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player able to work with colleagues across multiple locations & timezones
- Excellent people management skills; able to lead, coach and develop direct and indirect reports
- Degree educated