Manager, Brand Marketing (Auckland)
|Industry:||Marketing - Management|
In Australia and New Zealand, Discovery operates a portfolio of premium brands across pay-tv, free-to-air and streaming platforms, including Discovery, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Three, Newshub and ThreeNow. They are a leading entertainment brand on Foxtel and Sky, and the largest free-to-air commercial broadcaster in New Zealand. They’re also home to a growing slate of globally renowned originals including Aussie Gold Hunters and Outback Opal Hunters, and successful local formats, including The Masked Singer NZ.
Discovery ANZ Brand Portfolio (as at April 2021)
Free-To-Air: Three New Zealand | ThreeNow | Choice TV | HGTV (Home & Garden TV) | Newshub | Bravo (NBCUniversal JV) | 9Rush (Nine JV)
STV: Discovery | Animal Planet | TLC | Food Network | HGTV (Home & Garden TV) | ID (Investigation Discovery) | Turbo | Living
Key Programs: The Masked Singer NZ | The Block NZ | Dancing with the Stars NZ | Aussie Gold Hunters | Outback Opal Hunters | Gold Rush | Crikey! It’s the Irwins | Dr Pimple Popper | and more
The Role - (Can be based Sydney or Auckland)
As the Manager Brand Marketing you will lead brand marketing across the ANZ portfolio of brands - FTA, STV & DTC. Overseeing all consumer and trade marketing, this role aims to build compelling and popular brands in a fast-changing media landscape. This role will be responsible for identifying new branded revenue opportunities and extending the ANZ licensing business.
One of four leadership roles within the marketing team, this position will work closely with Digital Marketing, Publicity & Talent and Media Planning to deliver high-quality, high-ROI activity. Together, you will also implement marketing components of company CSR initiatives to build the corporate brand.
As a global media business, this role will require regular communication with international colleagues in the US, UK, APAC and beyond.
- Lead ANZ brand strategy and execution, working closely with stakeholders to determine the optimum portfolio of brands and touchpoints
- Devise clear brand propositions for all products that aligns with business growth and revenue goals
- Lead efforts to build the Discovery corporate identity across ANZ
- Deliver brand inspiration and instill brand discipline across all business functions.
- As required, develop new brands in partnership with research, commercial, sales and creative teams. Prepare strategic documents for internal stakeholders
- Establish clear metrics of success for each brand
- Grow ANZ licensing business
- Identify new branded-revenue generation opportunities
- Build business cases for new opportunities, working with research, legal and finance teams. Prepare strategic documents for internal stakeholders
- Lead Consumer and Trade Marketing requirements and oversee execution
- Lead affiliate marketing relationships with Foxtel, Fetch, Sky, Tubi, etc.
- Lead external trade marketing relationships with Foxtel Media, etc.
- Lead marketing requirements for company-wide CSR activities
- Manage marketing budgets
- Manage day-to-day ANZ media agency relationship
- Identify and agree high-return contra arrangements across ANZ
- Identify and manage high-return marketing partnerships across ANZ
- Partner effectively with content, creative, commercial, sales, digital, research, legal and finance teams as required
- Partner with APAC Research and Insights to analyse and maximise campaign effectiveness
- At least 7 years’ experience within a marketing role within the media entertainment industry
- At least 3 years’ experience in leading people and teams across consumer and trade marketing
- Experience in building new branded revenue opportunities and brand licensing
- Independent thinker with a strategic mindset. Able to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Exceptional levels of commitment and passion.
- Analytical skills and fluency in the use of data to deliver insights and inform decision making
- Commercial nous and the ability to create significant ROI
- Facilitates and encourage innovation and improvement in the workplace
- A collaborative approach with a good regional network and an ability to build networks inside organisations
- Influential approach to problem solving;
- Able to work readily and easily with many different personalities and nationalities in a highly
- matrixed and international structure
- Dynamic personality, adaptable, a high-degree of professionalism.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player able to work with colleagues across multiple locations & timezones
- Excellent people management skills; able to lead, coach and develop direct and indirect reports
- Degree educated