Literary / Creative Agent
|Industry:||Production - Talent Management|
The agency manages the ongoing careers of some of Australia’s most high profile & respected performers, as well as develop new and upcoming talent. With nearly two decades in business, this agency has an impeccable reputation in the industry.
We are looking to hear from either established Agents looking for a change; or else you may have a background in business affairs, producing or communications and you’re looking for a new challenge with long term career options.
- You will be involved in the development and management of existing and new clients, with particular emphasis on high level, personal management, contracting and career development across digital and traditional media.
- You will work with internal teams and external vendors including producers, production companies, broadcasters, OTT’s and theatre companies.
- You will oversee and drive development and bring your passion for cultivating the creative endeavours of their clients.
- 4+ years’ experience in contracting, management and development and/or production in a creative role.
- Strong ability to manage creative talent including identifying new talent, both emerging and veteran, to support all phases of the business
- Able to provide creative feedback to clients.
- Create and maintain active industry relationships with Broadcasters, OTT’s and clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident communication & negotiation skills
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high-volume workload.
- Ability to supervise / or train an assistant
- Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with a variety of personalities, from clients to Network executives and production staff.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Highly organised
- Provide input to team with production reporting and client updates
- Avid content consumer - Keeping across the news and relevant industries to flag content or media opportunities
- Evaluate and analyse pitches and create and facilitate pitch lists for client activity where relevant.
- Foster and maintain relationships with relevant media and clients
- Contract management - Ensuring that all deals are rigorously negotiated in line with Industry and Guild standards.
- Be adaptable to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities
- Confident to represent the business at industry events.
- Ability to think on your feet to problem solve
- Regularly think of ideas outside client plans and activity to share with the team