HR Manager (Part-Time)
|Industry:||Business - HR/L&D|
They have offices in both Australia and the UK and are growing so need a seasoned Human Resources Manager to work out of their Sydney office, 2 or 3 days a week. In the role you will help support senior management in the enactment of people-focused process, vision and strategy across the Mandylights group of companies.
You will be joining during a period of expansion and they're excited to introduce a role that’s all about maintaining, growing and evolving their people. They are looking for someone who has experience in remote office working, international teams, change management (like we said - they are growing rapidly!) and a strong respect for the events and arts industries.
You will be responsible for overseeing the development and enactment of company employment policies and procedures, training and recognition programs, as well as managing workplace safety initiatives. Working to the General Manager, and alongside the Production Coordinator, you will help establish training and development programs for all employees, in addition to overseeing staff/crew onboarding & reviews.
Key Responsibilities are, but will not be limited to:
- Partner with senior management to develop and execute the Company’s HR and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to the development, engagement and motivation of current staff; and recruiting, retention, and succession planning for future employees.
- Partner with the administration, production and creative arms of the business to oversee and facilitate the onboarding and selection process of new staff/crew, including contract negotiations and inductions.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues as they arise and proactively identify potential issues.
- Develop and manage a performance appraisal system that drives and recognises high performance for all staff, including management.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; ensure this detail is captured/updated in the Company policies and procedures as required.
- Stay on top of trends, best practice, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; ensuring Senior Management are informed.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the group of companies.
- Assess and identify training needs across the group of companies, then oversee and monitor training programs with the relevant arms of the business.
- Nurture a positive working environment and assist in the develop and maintenance of a great corporate culture that encourages creativity, collaboration and engagement across the group.
- Proven experience in HR preferably in a creative environment (arts/events industry highly regarded)
- Experience in change management highly regarded
- In depth understanding / knowledge of HR systems and regulatory requirements
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Respect for others, and discretion with confidential information
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Strong understanding of online services utilisation including internal social media / intranet, etc where possible