HR Business Partner, APAC
|Industry:||Business - HR/L&D|
Our client is a leading production company which produces reality, entertainment, comedy and factual television programs. We now have an exciting senior opportunity for an experienced HR Business Partner, APAC (Australia, Hong Kong and India) to be responsible for leading and executing the people management strategy, and to provide expert HR management.
As a member of the executive team you will report to the CEO, and will provide support to the leadership team and guidance to the business. As the HR lead, this is a this standalone role for the APAC region, (supported by the company’s global HR network) you will have responsibility to own and drive the HR strategies and activities that will create results, enable growth and build upon the organisational successes.
You will be instrumental in driving key HR global projects and the calendar of events, such as compensation and benefits, training and development, mental health and well-being, company compliance and duty of care. Ideally you will have previous exposure supporting the APAC region (preferably Hong Kong and India) but this is desirable, not essential.
- Drive key HR global projects such as compensation and benefits, training and development, mental health and well-being, company compliance and duty of care.
- Partner with Global HR on key company annual processes such as annual pay and bonus review, mandatory training, and other global compliance matters.
- With the support of Global HR to develop and implement company-wide HR strategies, while identifying nuances for local adoption
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements for local management of employees, reducing legal risk and ensuring compliance, in close partnership with our legal team.
- Work closely with the production team to support the EP’s, Production personnel and Legal on shows from a duty of care and compliance perspective.
- Liaise with the APAC payroll team to keep abreast of legislative changes, mandatory reporting requirements and compensation and benefit matters for the region.
- Act as the ‘Return to Work Coordinator ‘and manage the workers compensation program by facilitating the timely reporting of injuries and illnesses, supporting people leaders with general workers compensation matters, and case managing workers compensation claims.
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures that ensure the company remains fully compliant while staying on top of changes and ensuring that these practices are implemented consistently.
- 8 or more years of corporate experience in an HR business-facing and advisory capacity
- Strong knowledge and ability to interpret including but not limited to, the Fair Work Act, National Employment Standards, Broadcast (BREA) and Modern Awards
- Highly collaborative with a global mindset, and comfortable working independently in a standalone capacity
- Experience successfully working within fast paced, transformative environments
- Ability to work across regions and departments and functions to drive results
- Ability to relate to, advise and coach employees at all levels in the organization Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, across all audience levels
- Warm, professional and engaging disposition with an accountability mindset for oneself and others
- Previous exposure to supporting APAC regions highly regarded
- Previous experience in media desirable
Full position description available