Head of Technical Delivery
|Industry:||Business - Technical Operations|
Preferably the role is based in Melbourne and will require national travel, however our client is open to the possibility of the role being based in Sydney.
The technical team is located nationally and covers a broad range of services for our clients including technical consulting, technical planning, permanent build and construct of production suites, temporary production facilities at sporting venues, mobile broadcast facilities, comms systems, virtual production, live streaming, content production, AR/VR and integration with digital platforms.
As is the nature of sports production, your role deliverable will change depending on the client and event, and the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality is a must. Out of hours work, weekend and interstate travel will be required to meet the requirements of the role.
Ideally you will be energetic, positive and love pushing the boundaries and be passionate about broadcast technology, with experience of networking, IP video technology, broadcast systems, and an understanding contribution & distribution compression technology is highly desirable. You will be someone who can apply problem-solving skills to production challenges and have excellent attention to detail.
You will be responsible for leading the national technical team to ensure they deliver high-quality, innovative work. Plus lead the design and engineering of the most technically advanced sports production facilities, television studios, virtual production sets and centralised production hubs. This will include the technical planning and delivery of all sport’s events and the oversight and management of the company’s owned equipment, optimising its use and building business cases for future equipment acquisitions.
This role will lead the technical design and implementation, as well as maintenance and troubleshooting of all production system infrastructure for our Sports business. You will manage the maintenance of a full range of modern broadcast production systems, including, but not limited to:
- Experience with outside broadcast, football, basketball, netball, golf, and the broadcast coverage of sport
- Knowledge of protocols around international sporting events
- Experience in managing, mentoring, and developing a technical team
- Experience in rostering & logistics of people and equipment movement
- Experience managing client relationships
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders (OB, Venue, Match Officials, Suppliers) involved with sport and broadcast production
- Risk management skills and a high level of planning & documentation skills
- An interest in keeping up with the latest advancements in broadcast, IP, and in-stadia technology.