Head of Tech - Sporting Venues
|Industry:||Business - Technical Operations|
Our client knows how to entertain, and they produce complete immersive experience to sporting fans. They work as a stadium partner, pushing the tech boundaries to offer incredible scope for clubs, sponsors and media partners to enhance fan engagement.
Now in growth phase, they have a vacancy for a technical leader to continued the progress and evolution of their technical offering. This role will be responsible for growing the technical work they deliver for clients, driving the quality of the work they deliver, expanding the technical services they offer and building the capability and expertise of their technical team.
The technical team are located around the country and covers a broad range of services for their clients including, technical consulting, technical planning, permanent build and construct of production suites, temporary production facilities at sporting venues, mobile broadcast facilities, comms systems, virtual productions, live streaming, content production, AR/VR and integration with digital platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
This position is well suited for someone with proven broadcast technical management experience and it will be advantageous to have experience with outside broadcast and some knowledge of sports such as Cricket, AFL, NRL, Rugby, Football, Basketball, Netball, Golf
- Experience in managing and developing a team of Technical Directors, Managers and Technicians
- Some knowledge of the broadcast coverage of sport and protocols around international sporting events
- Experience in rostering & logistics of people and equipment movement
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders (OB, Venue, Match Officials, Clients, Suppliers) involved with sport and broadcast production
- Risk management skills and a high level of planning & documentation skills
- Experience of networking, IP video technology, broadcast systems, and an understanding of contribution & distribution compression technology is highly desirable.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality is a must