Head of Legal and Business Affairs
|Industry:||Business - Legal|
Sydney based role 3 or 4 days per week.
Take the lead on all corporate and content production Legal and Business affairs matters including the following:
- Establishing the company’s commercial terms of trade for commissioning, development, format, option, distribution and talent deals.
- Negotiation of development and commissioning agreements with public and commercial broadcasters, pay television services and streaming platforms.
- All development and production Chain of Title including script/book options, format options/licences and writer/producer/director agreements.
- Sponsorship deals for branded content.
- Co-production agreements.
- “First Look” deals
- Presenter and actor agreements.
- Production clearances.
- Crew agreements.
- Screen body funding and investment applications and agreements.
- Other production finance deals.
- Producer Offset and PDV applications.
- Distribution licences, including individual program licences and a volume deal international partner.
- Corporate matters such as Joint Venture agreements, insurances, leases and employment matters.
- Establish, develop and maintain policies, processes and systems (corporate governance).
- Provide strong leadership, advisory and interpersonal skills to support colleagues within an innovative, continually changing, complex organisation with multiple business streams.
- Support and guide the executive team to strategize, negotiate, maintain stakeholder relationships, and be responsive to opportunities, within a framework of legal management, risk management and compliance.
- Provide practical advice, with technical expertise, creative and commercial acumen, on all media, employment/workplace relations, work health and safety and general corporate and commercial matters
- Minimum of 5- 8 years' experience in a similar senior role.
- Staff management and leadership experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident dealing with senior executives and stakeholders.
- Professional corporate experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail.