General Manager - Scripted
|Industry:||Business - General Management|
As the General Manager you will report to the Company Founders, who are the principal producers. The role will oversee the daily operations of a business encompassing finance, legal and HR and covers core responsibilities such as;
- Lead the relationships with, and maintain clear lines of communication with, all stakeholders who contribute to the financing strategy: state and federal government agencies, theatrical distributors, international distributors, international sales agents, broadcasters, digital streamers, private equity partners, post-production partners (in conjunction with the Production Executive) and all other financiers, ensuring timely, relevant information flow to all parties.
- Identify new sources of project finance or financing initiatives, maintaining strategic flexibility to drive new business models and revenue streams.
- Contribute market insight to project development and production budgets.
- As required, attend Film and TV markets and conferences to pitch projects, maintain and forge new relationships and keep abreast of market trends.
- Assist with funding applications & grants.
- Manage company workflow and cashflow forecasts.
- Lead the weekly content meetings, allocating and prioritising workflow for all executives.
- Take final responsibility for key business decisions as the principals’ proxy, when required.
- In conjunction with the Production Executive - Set up and maintain all project related companies and SPVs, and associated company bank accounts & oversee audits and final certificate applications for all projects through to repayment of offset rebate to loan provider.
- Manage and review company operations to ensure efficient and profitable systems and processes.
- Accountability for the team, managing performance appraisals and general HR needs
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated & adhered
- Research and analyse industry, market, and competitors to make informed strategy decisions.
- Act as the point person regarding issues that affect the health and longevity of the industry, such as communications with SPA, the guilds and MEAA, meaningfully engaging with the industry to contribute to policy change.
- Staying cognisant of current industry and social discussions around diversity, inclusion and cultural safety, ensuring the company engages meaningfully across the cultural spectrum to contribute to a more diverse and inclusive content industry.
- Manage the company publicity strategy, branding & marketing in collaboration with company principals.
- Oversee business affairs, consulting on a regular basis with the company’s legal counsel to structure development and co-production deals, and contract production finance.
- Oversee and forecast company operations budgets and development budgets, reporting key information regularly into the principals.
- Overseeing the company financials, consulting on a regular basis with the companies accountant and bookkeeper.
- Strong financial management & business acumen with experience in finance plans for TV and film
- Degree in business or related field or relevant industry experience
- Proven track record managing a creative business
- Global networks and extensive knowledge of the international market, co-production and commercial opportunities across film & TV
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A natural leader with a collaborative approach who encourages and supports others to achieve success.
- Effective at building relationships which develop into productive long-term partnerships.
- Excellent communicator with a fun, friendly approach to work