General Manager - NITV
|Industry:||Business - General Management|
About the General Manager role
SBS has a rare and unique opportunity for a suitably skilled leader to join the NITV team as our new General Manager. Reporting to the Director of Indigenous Content you will take accountability and ownership for the day to day operational, financial, and people management of the NITV business, with the support and direction of the Director of Indigenous Content to enable the delivery and execution of the NITV business plan, editorial and content strategy.
This is primarily a people leadership role and you will tasked with supporting the career and professional development of the NITV team with a strong focus on attraction and retention of talent both on screen and off. You will drive high levels of employee engagement through a deep connection to culture and purpose whilst setting standards that deliver a high performing team and further strengthen the alignment to our organisational goals and objectives.
You will also take the lead in continually assessing operational outcomes, recommend and implement new ways of working and process improvements to drive innovation and enhance performance of the business. You will work closely with our health and wellbeing team to build cultural and psychological safety into our ways of working to support Indigenous employees and non-Indigenous employees alike to work collaboratively and with appropriate cultural awareness and competency.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Deep connection and understanding of Indigenous communities and their cultural experience
- A strong understanding of editorial, creative and content creation processes and workflows
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex operational and people outcomes
- Deep commitment to building amazing employee experiences through high quality attraction, retention and development
- Demonstrated ability to build high performance teams and to drive action and outcomes
- Strong planning, coordination and project management capabilities
- Outstanding relationship building and people management skills
- Highly developed influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Strong financial and commercial acumen with outstanding attention to detail
If this sounds like your next opportunity please apply now with your CV and Cover Letter explaining why you are interested in this position and how you meet the requirements.
Applications close 5pm Friday 24 September