Finance Manager - Senior Accountant
|Industry:||Finance - Accounting|
This role will suit someone with strong financial and commercial expertise, to support the management teams by offering strategic insights, financial advice, and challenge the status quo on processes to enhance efficiencies across our company’s financial processes. You’ll be an advocate of new ideas that translate into feasibility studies and provide a strong return on investment.
You will work in partnership with the CFO to share strategic thinking and new ideas. Plus, as a valued contributor to their business, you pride yourself in delivering exceptional work and growing the team's financial knowledge to meet the strategic goals and business plan.
This position will require a very astute individual, eager to learn a unique creative business. The role will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the finance function and implementing finance’s strategic plan. In addition, the role will identify and implement systems, policies and processes for the financial function which will improve financial monitoring, accountability, efficiency, and business growth.
Aside from the technical “know-how” of this role, you are a true “people person” who is passionate about supporting non-financial staff and helping them to develop their financial understanding of the business. You go that extra mile to make sure that everyone within our team is efficient and effective in the finance process of their roles.
The key focus areas for this role will include:
- Overseeing and managing aspects of the finance department
- Responsible for the month-end process which includes the oversight of and completion of Journals, General Ledger and Balance Sheet reconciliations and production of P&L statements
- Provide commentary around variances to budget
- Cash Flow forecasting
- Submitting taxation returns such as BAS, FBT, GST and liaison with external tax specialists
- Liaising with our external accountant
- Enhancing and managing the company’s financial systems
- ABS Survey
- Management of finance team members
- Managing monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Month-end processing, including Assets/depreciation, accrual and non-accrual journals.
- Ensuring the completion of General Ledger and Balance Sheet reconciliations and production of the P&L statements
- Lead, guide and support finance staff on services such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, debt collection and payroll.
- Monitoring cash flow (daily/monthly/yearly).
- Liaising with external accountant
- Ensuring the business meets all its statutory and compliance obligations, including statutory accounting and tax issues.
- Identify cost-reduction opportunities.
- Minimum 5 - 8 years senior accounting experience
- Professional accounting qualification such as CA or CPA
- Staff management experience
- Strong financial reporting and tax experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident dealing with senior stakeholders
- Ability to solve complex issues
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience using budgeting, forecasting, and reporting tools
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages