Executive Producer Lead Originals & Development, Sydney
|Industry:||Production - Development|
- Originate, lead and manage the creative development and production of relevant, innovative, engaging, entertaining and high quality programming in line with the content strategy across Discovery’s digital, pay and free-to-air portfolio of channels across multiple markets in the region, and displaying exceptional understanding of and ability to deliver to both local and international market and audience trends and needs.
- Provide sound editorial judgement and ensure that the highest editorial and production. Increase audience engagement to achieving ratings and revenue growth.
- Attract, establish, foster and maintain strong external stakeholder relationships with relevant industry people and bodies including funding organizations, sponsorship and integration brands, production companies, independent producers, crews, talent, agents and managers, both locally and internationally, and displaying effective communication, briefing, pitching, presentation, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Foster and maintain key working relationships, strong communication and teamwork within Discovery across production, production management, business & legal affairs, programming, ad sales & integration, audience & consumer insights, creative, comms, publicity and marketing, both locally and globally.
- Effectively manage pitches and funding proposals, logistics, resources, budgets and contractual aspects of productions as required.
- Lead and manage production companies, production teams and direct reports to ensure high performance and development of team members.
- Ensure safe, ethical and legally sound workplace and production processes, protocols and practices are implemented and executed working in close collaboration and communication with key stakeholders including production companies and producers, production management and LBA, and in line with state and federal regulations and Discovery global standards, values and best practice.
- Actively model and promote Discovery’s ‘Guiding Principles’: one team; creative dreamers; doers; consumer obsessed; global; quick & agile; purposeful; do the right thing.
- Expertise and proven track record in development, funding, budgeting, hiring, resourcing and production across Factual and Documentary, Reality and Lifestyle, Entertainment and Brand Funded.
- Expertise and proven track record in creating highly original and entertaining IP.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of working with and creating format bibles.
- Proven track record attracting, identifying and developing high quality programming concepts.
- Expertise in adapting and improving existing formats.
- Strong editorial track record, high attention to detail and experienced creative problem solver.
- Exceptional eye for identifying and developing strong talent.
- Able to inspire and motivate a production company, producers and teams to deliver to an agreed vision.
- Strong understanding of the entire production process - able to provide insight and direction on it to both internal and external stakeholders to ensure outstanding results.
- Excellent relationship skills – successful in building and maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, managing multiple productions and collaborating across functions.
- Strong pitching, presenting, influencing, negotiation and communication skills. Exceptional ability in creating exciting, engaging, clear, informative and well thought out presentations.
- Excellent problem solving and arbitration skills - able to resolve issues between parties to ensure productions proceed and deliver satisfactorily.
- Excellent project management skills, able to oversee the successful delivery of a complex, ever changing production schedule.
- Specialized knowledge and experience tapping into multiple screen funding sources, and managing those relationships.
- Experience working with ad sales and branded integration solutions.
- Financial and commercial acumen. Extensive experience in the building and management of budgets and resources.
- Strong researching skills and up to date knowledge of local and global audiences and content trends.
- Exceptional team player but also highly self-motivated and able to work on projects independently.
- Able to work in a high pressure environment, highly resilient to change, able to deal calmly and confidently with the demands of both internal stakeholders and external providers.
- Proven track record in delivering outstanding content and outcomes.
- A reputation as a leading producer within the creative community