Executive Producer - Events
|Industry:||Business - Client Service|
With 2022 shaping up to be a very busy year, the Executive Producer will need to also manage new business opportunities and be an active team member in larger client events. In the role you will lead the event team to find, win and nurture client relationships, continually raising the quality of the work, and ensure integration of all services.
You will be responsible for managing the allocation of work between internal producers as well as mentoring your team, providing clarity of their role and accountabilities. You will also ensure the best quality of creative, technical and production execution of all events, with oversight of all work in progress.
From a creative perspective you will have a clear understanding of the expectations set by the client and will work with internal resources, and where applicable, external suppliers to ensure the creative work exceeds the client's vision for their project.
- Lead the team in day-to-day decision making in Sydney and Melbourne, by providing leadership, mentoring, direction, support, and resourcing
- Bring new thinking, ideas and input to ensure the company is considered amongst the best creative thinkers within the events industry
- Have a detailed understanding of our client's staff structure and project plans
- Identify and organise key moments to connect the Executive team with key clients, before or at client events
- Respond to event tenders and new work opportunities
- Contribute to new business strategy and approach
- Travel to major event projects nationally for site inspections, client engagement and creative/production execution
- Ensure all systems, processes, administration, and financial functions are managed
- Work closely with the producers to ensure payment plans are set with the client and provide additional negotiation supervision if required
- Work with the events team on how to improve and seek out incremental growth and new service offerings for Events to maximise profit margins including annual budgets, business forecasts etc.
- Financial management, pipeline planning and accurate reporting for the events business
- Operational management of the events business including contribution to centralising processes and ensuring these are followed
- COS management with a focus on freelance staff, supplier negotiation, the setting of budget targets and the identification of opportunities to internalise external costs
- Resource planning to ensure the team capacity matches revenue and client project requirements. This also includes responsibility for time reporting within the team to ensure accurate reporting.
- Project reconciliations occur for all event projects and learning are shared across the team