|Industry:||Admin - Arts Management Business - General Management|
Sprung!! is a not for profit organisation that provides integrated workshops for people with and without disability, with a focus on dance and physical comedy. The company develops dance theatre works through a collaborative and disability-led process that inspire mainstream audiences and promote a more inclusive society.
Since 2014, Sprung!! has been led by Artistic Director Michael Hennessy, who danced for Sydney Dance Company for 9 years under Graeme Murphy. Sprung!! is on the Register of Cultural Organisations and has Charity status. In 2017 and 2018 Sprung!! was finalists in the Australian Dance Awards for works, “Encounters” and “SHARE HOUSE”.
Sprung!! is seeking an innovative Executive Director to guide and implement key strategic and operational developments at this pivotal time of growth, and shape the organisation for the future.
The role is a part-time, fixed term position (30 hours per week) until Dec 2021. (extension subject to funding and performance.)
- To provide opportunities for people with and without disability to engage in dance and theatre in a respectful, supportive and inclusive setting
- To provide training opportunities for aspiring professional dancers with disability
- To develop dance and theatre works of high artistic quality that showcase the talents and unique qualities of dancers with disability
- To engage with the wider community through partnerships, workshops and performances
Strategic Planning – develop and implement the Strategic Plan and annual action plans in conjunction with the Board; identify growth strategies to increase Sprung!!’s reach and sustainability; measure and report on strategic outcomes.
Financial Management - ensure Sprung!! operates in a strong financial position; develop annual budget for approval by the Board; oversee management of all funds; develop and manage fundraising, grants, sponsorship and other financial strategies to diversify and secure income streams.
Staff Leadership – lead, motivate and develop a strong Sprung!! team; recruit, supervise and evaluate staff and contractors; develop an inclusive and collaborative team culture; coordinate work with the Board’s committees, volunteers and partner organisations.
Governance/ Risk Management - coordinate compliance with NDIS, ACNC, FTA, ATO and other governance requirements; evaluate and monitor risks; oversee policy development; maintain quality management systems; create visible continuous improvement cycles.
Programs and Productions – develop, implement, and monitor quality programs, services and productions that are consistent with Sprung!! objectives and Strategic Plan, in collaboration with the Artistic Director and Director of Dance Education.
Advocacy and Partnerships - advocate for Sprung!! publicly, and proactively contribute to sector advocacy in Australia; forge and maintain relationships and partnerships within the industry; ensure reconciliation and disability advocacy actions are incorporated in organisational priorities.
Operations and Marketing - manage all aspects of Sprung!! operations; oversee development of marketing and branding strategies and plans; coordinate stakeholder engagement.
- Demonstrated experience in an Executive or Senior Management position in an arts organisation.
- Excellent communication skills, and demonstrated success of engaging individuals and agencies at all levels, and elevating an organisation’s public profile and reach
- High emotional intelligence, with ability to lead and collaborate with respect and in line with Sprung!! values.
- Sound business and arts management skills and commercial acumen.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- A genuine commitment to the inclusion of people with disabilities, and a passion to support their artistic expression and excellence.
- Passion, integrity, sensitivity and mission-driven.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or qualifications (e.g. business, arts, not-for-profit management). Disability services experience desirable.
Applications in the form of CV + cover letter outlining your suitability. Inquiries to EP Australia - firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9383 4520.