Development Producer Sydney or Auckland
|Industry:||Production - Development|
- Creating, developing, researching, investigating, casting, writing, story and segment idea generation, building presentations and sizzles.\
- Establish, foster and maintain strong external relationships as required as part of researching, developing and/or producing various projects and productions.
- Foster and maintain good working relationships, strong communication and teamwork within Discovery across production, production management, ad sales & integration, programming, audience & consumer insights and various departments as required.
- Support the Senior Director of Production, Executive Producer – Originals & Development and ANZ Production Team on projects, development and productions as required.
- Actively model and promote Discovery’s ‘Guiding Principles’: one team; creative dreamers; doers; consumer obsessed; global; quick & agile; purposeful; do the right thing.
Experience in development and/or production across any or combination of Factual and Documentary, Reality and Lifestyle, Entertainment and Comedy and Brand Funded. Strong ability as a writer and creative type producer. Strong creative problem solver.
- Have a broad interest, understanding and knowledge of the Australian, New Zealand and International TV landscape, market, audiences, content needs and trends.
- Able to identify opportunities in the market for new types of content.
- An original creative ideas generator with strong writing skills, able to take a brief or subject and run with it, and craft across a range of subject areas and tones. Comedic bent an advantage.
- Highly organized and able to work simultaneously across a range of multiple projects at various stages of development and production.
- Strong research skills. Conduct deep and accurate supporting research for new ideas.
- Eye for strong talent. Research, find, interview, cast and propose suitable talent, experts and contributors for new ideas.
- Possess strong skills in PowerPoint, InDesign, Excel and Word.
- Produce sizzles and casting reels. Video editing skills an advantage.
- Experience working with ad sales and branded integration solutions an advantage.
- Exceptional team player but also highly self-motivated and able to work on projects independently.
- Able to work in a high pressure environment, highly resilient to change, able to deal calmly and confidently with the demands of multiple stakeholders.