|Industry:||Production - Development|
As our Development Executive you will be:
- Working with the Head of Commissioning and Programming to ensure cohesive and comprehensive management of the Children’s/Narrative commissioning pipeline across Development and Production.
- Working within the Commissions team to ensure a smooth flow of new programs are developed to meet the NITV schedule.
- Executing strategies and initiatives that support NITV/SBS mandate to deliver innovative and creative storytelling approaches from an Indigenous perspective.
- Generating notes/reports on submitted and in-house stories, outlines, scripts, cuts and more; pitch or attend pitches to studios/buyers.
- Participating in the creative and development processes where appropriate to generate scripts, character designs and pitch documents, as well as interpret and translate notes from creative discussions to internal stakeholders and ensure timely distribution of materials to Execs and talent, as well as give clear and supportive feedback to creative teams.
- It is a requirement of this role that incumbents are vaccinated with at least two doses of an approved Covid-19 vaccination. We do however have a medical exemption process and we would be happy to discuss your application should this be applicable to you.
You bring a strong understanding of the domestic and international TV marketplace, including knowledge of TV, the digital media landscape, and an awareness of trends in both the linear and streaming content platforms. You are creative minded with a demonstrated track record in scripted television development at a production company, network or streamer. Our ideal candidate comes to us with a mix of:
- Ideally - BA/BS degree, or in a related field preferred or your equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated skills in developing and maintaining good business relationships with those you have known for years and those who you just met and want to know for years to come.
- International experience highly regarded.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are required. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere editing and Final Draft screenwriting software is highly desirable.
SBS is one of the world's most unique and innovative media organisations, producing trusted, meaningful and engaging content that exists for all Australians to inspire, support and celebrate the diversity of our multicultural society.
Our purpose, for the last 40 years, has reflected and explored the evolving diversity of Australia, investing in initiatives to deepen its connections with communities, sharing their stories and giving a voice to those often unheard, with the aim of increasing understanding and respect of the differences that make up Australia.
SBS is a truly distinctive network, showcasing multicultural, multilingual and First Nations stories otherwise untold in the Australian media.
SBS recognises that everyone is unique, and you might require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SBS recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
Adjustments may include but are not limited to; alternative application methods, interview setups, physical requirements, guidance for trans or gender diverse applicants, specific interview availability times and more.
We are shortlisting applications as they come in, so don’t delay apply today!