Corporate Communications Manager
|Industry:||Marketing - Comms/Corp Affairs|
In Australia and New Zealand, Discovery operates a portfolio of premium brands across pay-tv, free-to-air and streaming platforms, including Discovery, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Three, Newshub and ThreeNow. They are a leading entertainment brand on Foxtel and Sky, and the largest free-to-air commercial broadcaster in New Zealand. They’re also home to a growing slate of globally renowned originals including Aussie Gold Hunters and Outback Opal Hunters, and successful local formats, including The Masked Singer NZ.
Discovery ANZ Brand Portfolio (as at April 2021)
Free-To-Air: Three New Zealand | ThreeNow | Choice TV | HGTV (Home & Garden TV) | Newshub | Bravo (NBCUniversal JV) | 9Rush (Nine JV)
STV: Discovery | Animal Planet | TLC | Food Network | HGTV (Home & Garden TV) | ID (Investigation Discovery) | Turbo | Living
Key Programs: The Masked Singer NZ | The Block NZ | Dancing with the Stars NZ | Aussie Gold Hunters | Outback Opal Hunters | Gold Rush | Crikey! It’s the Irwins | Dr Pimple Popper | and more
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Communications ANZ, you will execute the communications strategy in line with the changing face of the business, with the objective of educating and exciting external stakeholders about the company’s current successes and future ambitions. You will also
ensure that their story is clear in market and their relationships are strong in areas that will support growth, including regulatory bodies etc. Plus you will work closely with other functions such as Marketing, Publicity, Programming, Creative, Advertising Sales and Commercial Strategy.
- Execute annual communications plans for Corporate Communications & External Affairs, as directed by Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, ANZ.
- Proactively seek corporate positioning opportunities, including media engagement and speaking opportunities.
- Drive internal engagement through the development and execution of internal communications across Australia and New Zealand.
- Identify, develop, and oversee the execution of key partnerships that will further all corporate communications initiatives, working closely with marketing for synergies.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with media, government and industry bodies that are relevant to the above strategies.
- Develop clear KPI’s and measures of success for all communications initiatives.
- Partner effectively with marketing, PR, content, research, commercial and advertising teams in ANZ and internationally.
- Minimum 5 years experience in corporate communications
- Independent thinker with a strategic mindset who can also follow through with project execution
- Dynamic personality, adaptable with a high-degree of professionalism
- Comfortable with a large, diverse workload and working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a team player able to work with colleagues across multiple locations & timezones
- Communications, Business or Marketing degree preferred