Chief Financial Officer
|Industry:||Finance - Accounting|
Our client, City Recital Hall was established in 1999 as a purpose built venue for the presentation of fine music. They are a not-for-profit company and manage the venue, as well as producing and presenting an entrepreneurial program of performances annually. The venue hosts performances by a regular base of presenters such as the Australian Brandenburg Orchestra, Australian Chamber Orchestra, Australian String Quartet, Musica Viva Australia, Pinchgut Opera Sydney Festival and Sydney Symphony Orchestra. The City of Sydney is the company’s principal sponsor.
The venue is also utilised for many other ventures and activities, including concerts, conferences/presentations, ceremonies and functions by not-for-profit arts and community organisations, commercial concert promoters, educational institutions and corporate companies.
City Recital Hall Limited has a range of revenue sources including earned income from ticket sales, venue hire, food and beverage sales, ticketing services, memberships, government funding, and sponsorship and donations.
In the role of CFO you will manage the financial operations of City Recital Hall to meet company objectives and reporting requirements. This includes responsibility for the development and management of the Company’s budgets and accounts and involves regular reporting to the Audit and Risk Committee of the Board of Directors. The role will also provide high level support to the CEO through financial and operational analysis and business modelling, corporate governance, and human resource management.
The role requires an experienced CFO with exceptional business management and organisational skills and experience in developing, implementing, and reviewing a range of business systems, processes, and compliance to legislative requirements.
Working as part of a small team, you will have a proactive yet methodical approach in balancing strategic thinking, problem solving with hands-on administration.
- Qualifications and experience in accounting and/or business management
- Demonstrated leadership ability to develop, implement and manage operational and financial systems
- Demonstrated ability to combine strategic planning and thinking as well as operational implementation
- Highly effective organisational and decision-making skills that demonstrate a methodical approach to problem-solving through clarity, competence, and a collaborative approach
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing staff
- Sound knowledge of HR requirements across induction, processes, record-keeping, legislation, and principles
- Thorough understanding of and experience in corporate governance, risk management, compliance and WHS
- High level of computer proficiency and IT literacy with accounting (MYOB), Microsoft Office and other programs regularly used in a business environment
- Experience in negotiating commercial contracts
- Previous experience in an Arts and/or non-profit environment at a managerial level