Business Director - Sports (East Coast)
|Industry:||Business - Client Service|
They cover the entire fan journey through brand and strategy development, marketing, digital, social, sports presentation, game-day production, content production, broadcast, streaming, commercial and activation work.
With the team doubling in size in the last few years, you’ll be a part of this growing creative group delivering solutions to clients. As the Business Director for the east coast, you’ll lead and manage the sport’s divisions clients as well as the team delivering the work.
You will help grow the work and revenue of the existing clients, while building the company’s profile in the sports industry. You will also manage a dedicated internal team and work closely with other business areas, such as creative, strategy, content, digital, event, technical and motion teams.
You’ll be energetic and love pushing the boundaries to ensure the team delivers high-quality and innovative work. You will drive growth through strong relationships and present the company’s strategic and creative thinking capabilities to a wide range of stakeholders, from key executives to operational delivery teams. You will have a commercial focus and an extensive network in sport and sponsorship.
You’ll use your superior problem-solving skills for any production and delivery challenges and enjoy the shared collaboration of teamwork.
- Lead and manage the Sport’s divisions east coast clients and the team required to deliver the work.
- Build strong relationships with current clients including Cricket Australia, AFL, AFL & NRL Clubs, partners, and sponsors
- Actively look for opportunities to expand work with existing clients and identify new opportunities
- Financial management and reporting for clients
- Collaborate with internal resources to define the fan experience journey for clients that maximises enjoyment for fans and creates memorable experiences at every Sports event
- Lead the team to explore, identify and implement innovation across the fan experience journey, including elements that have never been done before
- Provide governance and oversight of the Sport team, including content shoots, tournament and commercial game day assets and activations, talent and entertainment, digital fan engagement platforms, activations, celebrations and game day production
- Assist in building on the ground teams (including suppliers, contractors, freelancers and employees)
- Communicate budget or project challenges/variances/risks to all involved promptly
- Stay up to date with and share creative work and trends across major global sports, franchises and sponsors
- Provide clear, concise, and relevant communication both internally and externally
- Will require some travel and attendance at events which falls outside traditional working hours.