Artistic Associate, Stage Program (P/T 12 mth contact)
|Industry:||Production - Development|
Co-Curious are a young company known for their unique model of developing and producing screen and theatre works. Their model supports writers from under-represented backgrounds to develop and deliver rich culturally significant stories, demonstrating the lived experience of contemporary Australia.
Their founding project was the acclaimed COUNTING AND CRACKING with Belvoir St Theatre. It was through this project that Co-Curious forged a model of writer support, capacity building, inclusive producing and co-production with mainstage companies. They are now supporting eight new writers in the development of their scripts, as well as a new multi-writer work. Current partners include Belvoir St Theatre, Griffin Theatre and Sydney Theatre Company.
As the Artistic Associate, Stage Program, you will provide dramaturgical feedback and pastoral care to the emerging writers and creatives. You will manage the development process according to each project’s needs including capacity building workshops, script developments, creative developments, readings and pitching sessions. You will maintain rigorous relationships with industry and identify new writers from under-represented communities who would benefit from Co-Curious’ programs.
You will have a proven dramaturgical practice, strong communication and organisation skills and a keen eye for detail. You will work on a variety of projects providing tailored support to the creatives during the development phase of the works. Importantly you will have a passion for supporting writers from under-represented backgrounds and developing new Australian work and be excited by the idea of playing a part in working for systemic change in the industry.
- Ability to take each writer through a safe and rigorous dramaturgical process on their concepts and scripts
- Provide pastoral care to the emerging writers and creatives developing work through our programs
- Identify and engage specific specialist artists to support each project according to their individual needs
- Perform bespoke co-producing tasks on productions as they move to presentation – in areas such as writer support, community engagement, new audience development
- Identify, nurture and grow relationships with talented emerging writers from under-represented backgrounds.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders and partners.
- Particularly, Sydney’s mainstage, key small to medium theatre companies, and key festivals.
- Consult with mainstage companies on projects that are programmed, with a view to equity, inclusivity, community engagement and audience development.
- In collaboration with CEO, guide the vision and strategy of the Stage Program and Co-Curious.
Key experiences required
- A love for supporting writers from under-represented backgrounds with a passion for developing new Australian works.
- Sector knowledge and proven dramaturgical insight.
- The ability to set out vision and timelines for projects, for stakeholders and funding bodies, under the CEO.
- Confident and connected in establishing and growing relationships with emerging writers from under-represented backgrounds.
- Ability to deliver on-time and meet deadlines.
Please call for any information regarding workplace adjustments if required.
For any questions or enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org